Society of Women Engineers- Chicago Regional Section Scholarship Application 2014
Awards range from $1000 to $1500.
- Applicant must be a female.
- The applicant’s home must be in a zip code with these three numbers as the first three digits: IL 600-608, 610-611, and 613; IN 463-466.
- The applicant must be a freshman, re-entry or transfer student accepted into an engineering or computer science program at an accredited college or university for the Fall 2014 semester.
- The applicant’s grade point average must be a 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- School Transcripts must be sent by your school. School Officials can submit Transcripts via U.S. mail or e-mail it to: SWE Scholarship Committee swe-crs-scholarship
Applications must be submitted by April 10, 2014.
- Letters of Recommendation can be submitted by .pdf file. U.S. mailed letters must be postmarked by April 15, 2014.
- Scholarship winners will be notified via telephone in May, all other applications will receive an email indicating selection has been completed.
- Winners will be required to provide a copy of a letter of acceptance into an engineering program at an accredited university.
- Winners will be required to submit their Fall 2014 tuition bill. The Fall 2014 Class Schedule must be dated after August 25th and is due before October 31, 2014.
- Scholarship recipients and their families are expected to attend the Awards Reception, to be held the first week in June.
- Be sure to check out the additional SWE Scholarships at http://www.swe.org