Announcement: We’ve moved to Braintree!
The Open Gov Hack Night is now hosted at the Braintree office on the 8th floor of the Merchandise mart.
Come join a group of passionate folks working at the intersection of open government, cities, and technology. This is an evening of civic tech building, sharing, learning and networking.
The Open Gov Hack Night is for those who want to:
- learn about civic tech, open data and open government
- get work done on civic projects
- start a new project, or find one to join (non-coders very welcome!)
- bounce ideas and get help from tech and gov experts
Society of Women Engineers Chicago Regional Section Scholarship 2015 Application
• Applicant must be a female.
• The applicant’s home must be in a zip code with these three numbers as the first three digits: IL 600-608, 610-611, and 613; IN 463-466.
• The applicant must be a freshman, re-entry or transfer student accepted into an engineering or computer science program at an accredited college or university for the Fall 2015 semester.
• The applicant’s grade point average must be a 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
• School Transcripts must be sent by your school. School Officials can submit Transcripts via U.S. mail or e-mail it to: SWE Scholarship Committee swe-crs-scholarship
Applications must be submitted by April 10, 2015 by 11:59pm (CST).
• Letters of Recommendation can be submitted by .pdf file. U.S. mailed letters must be postmarked by April 11, 2015.
• Scholarship winners will be notified via telephone in May, all other applications will receive an email indicating selection has been completed.
• Winners will be required to provide a copy of a letter of acceptance into an engineering program at an accredited university.
• Winners will be required to submit their Fall 2015 tuition bill. The Fall 2015 Class Schedule must be dated after August 25th and is due before October 31, 2015.
• Scholarship recipients and their families are expected to attend the Awards Reception, to be held the first week in June.
• Be sure to check out the additional SWE Scholarships at http://www.swe.org!
Fill out the application at: http://goo.gl/xFjyEH
Thank you for your interest in our program, and good luck!
Scholarship Committee Chair
E-Mail for questions and comments: swe-crs-scholarship
This information is also on the Chapter website at: http://chicagoacm.org/
A joint Chicago Chapter ACM / Loyola University Computer Science Department meeting
At the Crossroads of HPC and Cloud Computing with OpenStack
Speaker: Ryan Aydelott
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
5:45 pm – Social Time, light refreshments
6:30 pm – Presentation
University Water Tower Campus (Chicago/Michigan Area)
111 E. Pearson Street, Chicago IL 60611
Beane Ballroom (13th Floor, Lewis Towers)
Free, Reservations Requested, General Admission, open to the publicRSVP on the Chicago ACM meetup site