What your CS teachers at Lane want you to know
- We have had MANY winners from all levels here at Lane! Remember this application is about your aspirations. You do NOT need to have long list of major accomplishments, that’s not what this award is about.
- ALL of Lane’s CS teachers are ready and willing to help you with and endorse your application. Talk to them! Use their CPS email address when asking for their endorsement.
- All winners and honorable mentions for both state and regional awards get to be on a banner 🙂
- The application is not long. Just becoming part of the NCWIT community by applying is an asset to you that can lead to internships and other opportunities.
- Have questions? Ask ANY CS teacher for help!
The NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing (AiC) honors women in grades 9 through 12 who are active and interested in computing and technology, and encourages them to pursue their passions. Award for AiC recipients are chosen for their demonstrated interest and achievements in computing, proven leadership ability, academic performance, and plans for post‑secondary education. To date, more than 12,000 women have been honored with the Award for AiC.
The multi-tiered award structure includes winner, honorable mention, and certificate of distinction designations at national and regional levels, serving all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and all U.S. overseas military bases. Regional Affiliate Award programs are hosted in 79 locations nationwide by NCWIT Alliance member organizations — a powerful, national network of universities, companies, non-profits, and government organizations working to increase the meaningful participation of girls and women in computing.