Please see message below from Maggie P. Miller at the Chicago Public Library. Note relevant attachments to this post.
This Summer, Teen Services has a Summer Challenge just for for Teens.
Here is how it works:
- Teens, ages 13-18, get a Bingo Card
- The theme is We Are Chicago: Your City, Your Summer, Your CPL (it has a local focus in some of the activities on the Bingo card )
- Play to Win! Get a Bingo Card, Finish a row, column, or diagonal of activities on your Bingo Card. You can complete activities on your own or by attending teen library programs. After your FIRST 5 squares, you can get a sportspack (while supplies last). Any additional 5 squares in a row, you can earn a ticket for 2 Citywide Raffle Drawings.
- Teens can sign up at Independence Library and receive bingo card. They can find me in YOUmedia to let me know when they’ve finished 5 squares and collect prizes.
- Raffles for major prizes will take place on July 20th and August 17th. They are Citywide, so I believe ticket will be pulled downtown (they’ll have more information on this soon). Raffle prizes include books, Bluetooth speakers, power banks, charging towers, and Google Play Gift Cards!
Teens can also apply to be a junior volunteer at the Independence Library this summer to assist the Children’s Librarians with the Summer Learning Challenge for Children. This entails sitting at the library SLC table, interacting with young children and parents and speaking with kids about what they’ve read, data entry, assisting the children’s librarians with craft and science programs and displays, raffle drawings, and so on. We are able to grant service learning credit for volunteering.
Maggie P. Miller | Teen Librarian – YOUmedia
Independence Branch | Chicago Public Library
4024 N. Elston Ave. | Chicago IL 60618
312-744-0900 | 312-744-1132