RSVP needed to reserve a spot. See details below.
Apple Engineering Technology Camp
Objective/What to expect:
Apple’s Engineering Technology Camp (ETC) is a unique opportunity to learn from Apple engineers. Over the four-week period, you’ll experience a variety of interactive activities to gain insight into the world of hardware engineering. You’ll be placed in small teams and work collaboratively to identify creative solutions to an engineering design challenge. Each student will have a dedicated mentor to help guide in the process.
- Currently a sophomore or junior in high school.
- A strong interest in mathematics and physics.
- Some building or fabrication experience is a plus because the camp is hands-on.
- An interest in building tools and finding creative solutions.
- A deep curiosity about how things work.
Monday, July 11, to Friday, August 5, 2016 (four weeks)
Apple’s Cupertino headquarters
There will be no cost to students for attending the ETC. Apple will cover the transportation costs to and from Apple at the beginning and end of the camp. Housing, meals, and daily transportation will be provided by Apple.
Deadline date for submissions:
Friday, February 5, 2016
When you’ll hear back:
Students will hear back regarding the status of their submission the first week of March 2016.
Application link: https://goo.gl/mwNI5g
Creative and talented students age 13+ have the opportunity to attend this year’s Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) for free on a WWDC 2014 Student Scholarship. Review the application requirements and get started today. developer.apple.com/wwdc/students/
NCWIT is excited to announce a collaboration with Apple to increase the participation of young women in the 2014 World Wide Developers Conference.
Please share this opportunity with your networks of students. There is a very short window to apply, so it is a bit time sensitive.
Here are some quick highlights for student scholarships:
- Now open to students 13+, application details http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/students
- No paid program membership required. (By contrast, regular ticket purchase is only available to current paid program members) Developers who are not already registered will be directed to register for free as an Apple Developer during submission of their scholarship application.
- Students must create an app and submit it to be considered for the scholarship.
- Submissions will be accepted starting Friday April 11 at 10am until Monday April 14 at 5pm
Full details and guidelines for app submission and well as terms and conditions can be found at the student pages in the links below.