2016 Clean Tech Competition
Challenge your students to “Making an Impact”
Win up to $10,000!
Registration is now open!
Dear Daniel Law, Science Teacher,
The Clean Tech Competition is an international research and design challenge for 15-18 year old pre-university students. This is a prestigious educational opportunity for students across the world that challenges students to be innovative while encouraging their passion for the sciences and we want to invite the students of Lane Tech College Prep to participate in this year’s competition!
Each year, the Clean Tech Competition encourages scientific understanding of real-world issues and the integration of environmentally responsible energy sources.
- The 2016 Challenge: “Making an Impact” asks students to develop a clean technology solution to the problems associate with plastics or the need for clean, cheap energy.
- Teams consist of 1-3 students, are assisted by a Team Leader (i.e. parent, teacher, or mentor), to develop a written proposal.
- There is no entry fee.
- Online registration is open now!
- First Round Paper Submissions are due March 18th, 2016.
- 10 Finalist Teams are selected, given a $200 stipend and matched with a Mentor to help them prepare a Prototype and presentation for the Finalist Event.
- Finalists compete for the $10,000 grand prize and ‘Continued Mentorship’
- Final event to happen while on a cruise from Miami, Florida, USA to the Dominican Republic!
- Official Competition website www.cleantechcompetition.org
How can your students get involved?
To help bring the Clean Tech Competition to you students, we ask that you share information about this opportunity with your school’s students, fellow educators, administrators, and other parents. Feel free to distribute the following informational documents:
If you have any questions regarding the competition details, or how to incorporate the competition into your curriculum, please contact us. We look forward to having students from Lane Tech College Prep in the Clean Tech Competition this year and in years to come!
And there is something for all teachers too! This year’s Clean Tech Competition happens on board Fathom’s Cruise Ship, Adonia where there will be opportunities for professional development with workshops that include: Project based learning, Hands-on science activity ideas and demonstrations, Dinosaurs, Weather, STEM questioning techniques, Earth Science, Endangered species and much more! This opportunity for an educational cruise is open for teachers of any age or grade or Education Professors. So spread the word to any teachers or Education Professors you know, we want them, and you, there too!
Competition Administrator: Mr. Frank DiGiovanni
* Email: cleantech
“From young minds come fresh solutions”
If you wish to unsubscribe from future mailings, please reply to this email with the subject title “Unsubscribe”