This event is free and open to the public. Flyer is attached.
STEM Internship Opportunities for Graduating Seniors!
Do you have an interest in Architecture, Engineering, and/or Construction? Come to an information session regarding PAID internship opportunities!
Thursday, February 12th
Room # 113
We are looking for motivated seniors graduating in June of 2015 with an interest in Construction, Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering to work with Chicago Public Schools’ contractors. Internships will be for 6 to 10 weeks in the summer of 2015 and are offered by architecture firms, engineering firms, and general contractors.
Please contact CIPinternship with questions.
Are you interested in bringing other girls to the world of code? Would you like to develop your leadership skills? Want to work with a passionate team for a good cause? Then you should consider leading the new chapter of ChickTech in Chicago. ChickTech is dedicated to retaining women in the technology workforce and increasing the number of women and girls pursuing technology-based careers. We facilitate hands-on technology-centric events to empower, support, and increase the confidence of women and girls. Through our events, we build community, empower participants to see themselves as leaders, and provide networking and mentoring opportunities in the rapidly growing high tech industry. You can find out more about us in the attached PDF as well as online at http://chicktech.org.
Society of Women Engineers Chicago Regional Section Scholarship 2015 Application
• Applicant must be a female.
• The applicant’s home must be in a zip code with these three numbers as the first three digits: IL 600-608, 610-611, and 613; IN 463-466.
• The applicant must be a freshman, re-entry or transfer student accepted into an engineering or computer science program at an accredited college or university for the Fall 2015 semester.
• The applicant’s grade point average must be a 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
• School Transcripts must be sent by your school. School Officials can submit Transcripts via U.S. mail or e-mail it to: SWE Scholarship Committee swe-crs-scholarship
Applications must be submitted by April 10, 2015 by 11:59pm (CST).
• Letters of Recommendation can be submitted by .pdf file. U.S. mailed letters must be postmarked by April 11, 2015.
• Scholarship winners will be notified via telephone in May, all other applications will receive an email indicating selection has been completed.
• Winners will be required to provide a copy of a letter of acceptance into an engineering program at an accredited university.
• Winners will be required to submit their Fall 2015 tuition bill. The Fall 2015 Class Schedule must be dated after August 25th and is due before October 31, 2015.
• Scholarship recipients and their families are expected to attend the Awards Reception, to be held the first week in June.
• Be sure to check out the additional SWE Scholarships at http://www.swe.org!
Fill out the application at: http://goo.gl/xFjyEH
Thank you for your interest in our program, and good luck!
Scholarship Committee Chair
E-Mail for questions and comments: swe-crs-scholarship