Applications must be submitted by April 10, 20167by 11:59pm (CST).
Here is the link to the 2017 SWE Chicago Section High School Senior Scholarship Application.
Open to all/any Female High School Seniors or Junior College Students that plan to major in engineering or computer science.
• Applicant must be a female.
• The applicant’s home must be in a zip code with these three numbers as the first three digits: IL 600-608, 610-611, and 613; IN 463-466.
• The applicant must be a freshman, re-entry or transfer student accepted into an engineering or computer science program at an accredited college or university for the Fall 2017 semester.
• The applicant’s unweighted grade point average must be a 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
• School Transcripts must be sent by your school. School Officials can submit Transcripts via U.S. mail or e-mail as a .pdf to: SWE Scholarship Committee swechicagoscholarship
Come see an afternoon of brave storytelling. 7 women will be sharing their journeys entering tech and computer science. The live event will be filmed and used to inspire young people around the world to embrace fear and stay brave as they take on learning to code.
Sunday, November 15th from 1-2:30pm at Stage 773 (225 W Belmont Ave).
Cost is free! RSVP here: https://goo.gl/VMlUXp
Female high school students are formally invited to the 2015 ChicTech Retreat sponsored by the University of Illinois’s Women in Computer Science! This two day overnight retreat will be held on November 7th and 8th at our Thomas Siebel Center for Computer Science, which is the building on campus for computer science. This retreat will teach high school students more about computer science, and they will get the chance to work on their very own project that they can showcase at the closing ceremony! Other fun activities include a photo scavenger hunt, a girls movie night, and computer science trivia (with prizes!)
Attached is a flyer. All female students–especially those who enjoy technology, creative and critical thinking, logic, and math should consider this opportunity. Registration will close on October 16th, and they will notify the applicants by October 24th. Most girls should be accepted, however there is a cap on number of participants, so apply soon!
For more information, visit: http://www.illinoiswcs.org/chictech. It contains a tentative schedule, FAQ, and the form to register. If you have any further questions, reach out to Brianna Ifft at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Computer Science | Class of 2017
Women in Computer Science | Outreach Chair
Engineering Student Alumni Ambassadors | Director of Student Engagement